Tuesday, 18 June 2013
President Ramotar urges emulation of Enmore Martyr... » PRESIDENT Donald Ramotar yesterday called upon tho...
Woman perishes in Plaisance fire, two homes flatte... » THIRTY-SEVEN year old Susan Mclean of 73 Victoria ...
First Lady treats New Amsterdam prisoners to sumpt... » NINETY FOUR male inmates at the New Amsterdam Pris...
Guyana’s economy growing exceptionally well- Glo... » ACTING Minister of Tourism, Irfaan Ali has noted t...
COP shot during firearm issuance at Eve Leary - In... » A police rank is nursing serious injuries at the G...
Dr. Vindhya Vasini Persaud unanimously elected new... » Dr. VINDHYA Vasini Persaud was unanimously elected...
Relatives rule out robbery as… : Bandits target ... » AT just about 19:00 hrs last evening, three gunmen...
First Lady encourages absentee fathers to mend the... » THE following is a message sent all fathers, parti...
Gunmen attempt to take Albouystown man out, but fa... » TWENTY-two-year-old Christopher Gonsalves, also kn...
|Flower: England can win without KP - Andy Flower has no fear about an England future without Kevin Pietersen.|
|Wednesday, 22 August 2012 20:15|
The coach has made it clear Pietersen must be amenable to "face-to-face" and "man-to-man" talks to clear the air with him and Test captain Andrew Strauss if he is to find a way back into the England fold.
Pietersen was dropped for the Lord's Test against his native country after failing to divulge the content of texts he sent to opposing players during the draw at Headingley.
Asked whether England can reclaim the world number one Test position they lost to South Africa this summer without his runs, he said: "Without a doubt. English cricket has a great history - and it has a great future.
"It is bigger than any one player. You will always move on from anyone - whether it be a captain, a coach or a player."
Pietersen was also, predictably, left out of England's final 15 for next month's defence of their ICC World Twenty20 crown.
If the 32-year-old is to rediscover any favour with his employers, it seems he is sure to have to not only come clean about his texts - which reportedly contained derogatory references to Strauss - but convince them again of his ongoing goodwill, following a summer of unedifying and distracting contract wrangles.
Pietersen was replaced at Lord's by Jonny Bairstow, who responded with 95 and then 54 in a losing cause.
Fast bowler Steven Finn also converted the fine form he has previously shown most often with a white ball for his country into a fearsome second-innings spell, and an eight-wicket match haul. For those and other reasons, Flower - as he has proven many times before - will not be frightened of taking a difficult decision.
"I think the most important thing is that we do the right thing for England cricket," he said. "That's how we will make our decision.
"Jonny Bairstow handled the situation - and the skill, timing and courage he showed was outstanding. (James) Taylor has handled himself calmly as well.
"We'll make our decisions based on what is best for the England side - and not be scared to do so."
- Persaud to lead Guyana in WICB U-17 tourney
- VCB’s drug woes threaten Jamaica’s sprint powerhouse reputation - JOA boss
- Christian congratulates Essequibo on historic victory.
- Smith to lead Windies A in T20s against Sri Lanka A
- New HPC group to play Barbados club cricket
- Tahiti score but trounced 6-1 by Nigeria
- Spurs stun Heat to close in on NBA title
- Dilshan swoops to send Sri Lanka into semi-finals …England to face South Africa in first semi-final tomorrow
- DCC congratulates Lloyd
- Vijay Deo wins Wartsila golf tourney
- 14th Annual Castrol Father’s Day 50 miler - Jeffrey blitz field to take senior title ….Shaw retains Veteran’s crown
- Scotiabank/Pepsi Schools Under-15 Football Academy… Charlestown and Tutorial crowned Champions
- Edwards: Future bright for Windies, Sri Lanka
- GCB Under-17 Inter-County Essequibo take title as final round match abandoned ….Under-17 squad to be known today
- GOA Jog/Walk and team run set for June 23
- Spain cruise to win over Uruguay in Confederations Cup
- England qualify for Champions Trophy semi-finals
- Murray recovers from slip to win Queen's title
- Balotelli gives Pirlo-inspired Italy 2-1 win over Mexico
- Australia A on top at Stormont ….Stirling, Maddinson hit centuries