Wednesday, 19 June 2013
One dead, two critical - in Mabura trail mishap » THE police are investigating a fatal accident that...
Several opened mails found at home of Berbice pos... » POLICE in Berbice are investigating the discovery ...
At Berbice Assizes… Pharmacist accused of rape f... » AN ACCUSED rapist was freed also of indecent assau...
Protest outside Albion court as accused wife kille... » SOME friends and family members of Prabhudial Tara...
Two husbands treated differently in domestic abuse... » TWO separate domestic abuse cases were called befo...
Guyana, Rwanda share experiences to improve solid ... » AT the invitation of the United Nations Developmen...
New $16.1M high-tech DHB control system undergoes ... » THE new Programme Logic Control (PLC) System insta...
To ensure higher level of service… $158.4M Polic... » COMMANDER-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, President ...
FAO recognises Guyana for meeting anti-hunger targ... » GUYANA is among 18 countries recognised at a speci...
|Man remanded for having false motor cycle registration number|
|Tuesday, 14 August 2012 21:14|
ADE Doobay, 28, of Lot ‘E’ Hadfield Street, Wortmanville, was remanded to prison when he appeared before Georgetown Magistrate Hazel Octive-Hamilton on Monday charged with having a false registration number on his motor cycle.
On June 1 last, he allegedly fraudulently imitated an identification mark, CF 7568, on an unregistered motor cycle.
Initially, the defendant pleaded guilty to the charge, and the matter was stood down for later in the day. However, when the matter was recalled, the defendant informed the court that he was advised to plead not guilty and he would like to change his plea.
Police Corporal, Simone Payne, prosecuting, objected to bail because of the seriousness of the offence and because the defendant had admitted to the offence in his caution statement.
Payne said investigations revealed that the defendant’s motor cycle was never registered. She said a report was completed and sent to the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) for advice, and the DPP instructed that the defendant be charged.
The defendant was remanded to prison until the case is called again on September 25.
- Prosecutor states… Defendant shot in attempt to steal gun
- Bail denied man in minibus shooting incident
- Court told… Defendant charged with obstructing, cuffed policeman
- Man on cop assault, other charges granted bail
- Woman jailed for injuring disobedient stepson
- Alleged drag race drivers committed for causing death
- Dreadlocked ‘Fiah Lion’ jailed for trafficking marijuana
- Man fined for abusing policeman, disorderly behaviour
- Larceny defendant with other charges pending refused bail
- Grievous bodily harm defendant granted self-bail
- Damage to property offender asks for 21 days but gets six months
- Man remanded over West Coast phone cards robbery with violence
- Chief Justice grants bail totalling $1.9M to 12 petitioners
- Phone snatcher fined $50,000
- Man charged with inciting Benschop to commit murder granted bail
- Around the Courts… Frequent flyer jailed, fined for cocaine
- Accused Corentyne wife strangler makes court appearance
- Police Sergeant Vishnu Hunt, ...
- Grievous bodily harm defendant remanded
- Man jailed & fined for trafficking marijuana