Wednesday, 22 May 2013
President apologises to APNU leader for oversight ... » PRESIDENTIAL Adviser on Governance, Gail Teixeira,...
APNU reasons for pull-out of Money Laundering obli... » HOME Affairs Minister Clement Rohee believes that ...
As an additional boost to mobile fleet... Police g... » THE Guyana Police Force (GPF), yesterday, received...
High tide warning in effect - more sandbags aligne... » THE Ministry of Public Works has issued a warning ...
OPR to probe Shaka Chase torture allegations - Roh... » MINISTER of Home Affairs, Clement Rohee yesterday ...
Granger’s associate fingered in U.S. corruption ... » A FORMER member of the Guyana Defence Force (GDF) ...
AFC Councilor rebuffs party shenanigans …says Ra... » “THE budget cuts are unconscionable and unconsti...
Over 1, 500 laptops given out in Region 4 - as OL... » WITH a total of 28,000 laptops already in the hand...
BOSAI rents 3 diesel gensets to bolster Linden ele... » THE BOSAI Minerals Group (Guyana) Inc yesterday ac...
|Woman placed on self-bail for assaulting child-father --arrest warrant issued for latter|
|Saturday, 11 August 2012 22:41|
MS. RANDI Wilson (address not given) is alleged to have assaulted Kevin Hunte, her child’s father, on August 7 last.
She appeared last Thursday before acting Chief Magistrate, Priya Sewnarine-Beharry at the Georgetown Magistrates Court, charged with assault.
She pleaded not guilty to the charge, and explained to the court that Hunte has always been an abusive child-father, and she cannot stand living with him.
She noted that, on the day in question, Hunte had attempted to hit her with a chair and a mirror, and had even torn her t-shirt.
Magistrate Sewnarine-Beharry granted Wilson self-bail, and ordered her to seek help and protection.
Wilson’s case has been set for August 22.
Hunte, meanwhile, failed to show up in court to answer to his charge, and an arrest warrant was issued for his apprehension.
- Policeman in duo refused bail on wounding charges
- Robbery defendant cries upon being remanded
- Court hears… Robbery took place during negotiation over sex proposition
- After fatal stab, Boston told accused, ‘You juk me’ … deposition evidence states
- Defendant with other pending narcotic charge remanded
- From Red Dragon… $650,000 bail for second human trafficking defendant
- Court told… Prisoner admits robbing woman
- Man jailed for robbing overseas-based Guyanese visitor
- Minibus driver placed on bail for assaulting ‘pest’.
- Neighbours at odds over fencing
- Wife favours counselling to resolve domestic dispute
- Mother and son at odds over ‘sweet man’
- Misbehaving child-father fined for annoying child-mother
- Alleged coconut thief granted $90,000 bail
- Sophia man accused of assaulting cop faces two other charges
- Man threatens to kill sibling over dog urine
- Irate husband assaults wife after accusing her of infidelity
- Alleged household thief granted $100,000 bail
- Man assaults woman ‘for nothing’
- ‘Turkey’ charged with possession of narcotics