Saturday, 25 May 2013
Deadline extension at Nicaragua meeting Guyana’s... » WITH the parliamentary Opposition MPs deliberately...
Minister Ali urges Florida private sector to capit... » MINISTER of Tourism, Industry and Commerce Irfaan ...
Culture Minister defends operations of Caribbean P... » WITH a public debate raging over the operations an...
Guyana to highlight mining opportunities at high l... » AUSTRALIA’S Senator Bob Carr, Minister for Forei...
Sheema Mangar murder… Mother compliments Rohee o... » RADICA Thakoor, mother of Sheema Mangar, complimen...
Hamilton Green petitions President Ramotar for ben... » CITY Mayor Hamilton Green, an executive member of ...
Money Laundering amendments - Gov’t will be exon... » IT IS now almost certain that international sancti...
Minister Ashni Singh underscores critical role of ... » “THE progress made in Guyana in strengthening th...
|Unbeaten Solozano century leads T&T recovery|
|Sunday, 05 August 2012 21:51|
PINE BASIN, Barbados, (CMC) – Opening batsman Jeremy Solozano slammed an unbeaten century to lead a Trinidad and Tobago assault on Guyana’s bowling on the first day of their Regional Under-19 three-day Champion third round match here yetserday.
The slimly-built left hander occupied the wicket for the entire six hours of the day’s play to be unbeaten on 139 out of a total of 313 for five, as the mainly spin-based Guyana bowling attack sent down a whopping 111 overs.
Solozano counted only five boundaries in the patient, mature knock while featuring in substantial partnerships with his captain Vikash Mohan and wicketkeeper Nicholas Pooran for the fourth and fifth wickets respectively.
Pooran batted aggressively to fall just short of three figures with 94 while Mohan got 45.
Guyana struck three early blows to send the total sliding to 24 for three within the first half hour before T&T not only revived their fortunes through Solozano and Mohan but totally dominated when the former and Pooran came together in the middle session.
Solozano and the skipper started the recovery with a solid 93-run stand and after the latter’s dismissal , he and fellow-lefthander Pooran launched a savage assault to put on a further 141 runs on either side of the tea interval, running the Guyanese fielders ragged in the process.
From a lunch time score of 26 out of 82 for three, he went on to register 50 from 141 balls in 164 minutes with three fours and brought up the coveted century after just short of five hours batting while facing 259 balls and striking five fours.
But it was essentially Pooran who put the bowlers to the sword in the 113 minutes he spent at the crease racking up eight fours and the only three sixes of the innings from just 105 balls.
He fell to a catch at the wicket off Guyana captain and leg-spinner Shawn Pereira, after coming to within four runs of Solozano who was on 55 when he arrived at the crease.
- Festival City shock Albouystown ‘B’ in Mackeson ‘Keep Your Five Alive’ … Sparta Boss keep five alive
- Guinness Brand Manager confident of Guyana winning regional title
- CPL announces Player Draft details
- Mumbai in IPL final after tense finish
- Rain washes out day one at Headingley
- UEFA Champions League final - Bayern Munich heavily favoured to beat Borussia Dortmund
- (Letter to the Sports Editor) - Cricket Administration in Demerara can be saved
- Banks DIH teams up with NSC for Independence Half-Marathon
- Webb’s first year in review at the helm of CONCACAF
- IOC sets September 1 deadline for India to hold elections
- Reggae Boyz hold Spurs to stalemate with Mexico clash in sight
- Chennai Super Kings top official arrested in Mumbai
- European soccer final adds new chapter to Adidas-Puma rivalry
- King says Independence half-marathon has potential to grow … calls for special race for 50th Anniversary
- ICC pulls umpire Rauf from Champions Trophy
- Five swimmers to compete in International meet in Barbados from today
- JCA president not seeking reelection
- Confident Ramdin says T20s won’t hamper Windies chances
- New security measures for Jamaica’s crucial home games
- Independence T20 Cup - COURTS (Guyana) Inc. and Universal Sports join the list of sponsors