Wednesday, 22 May 2013
President apologises to APNU leader for oversight ... » PRESIDENTIAL Adviser on Governance, Gail Teixeira,...
APNU reasons for pull-out of Money Laundering obli... » HOME Affairs Minister Clement Rohee believes that ...
As an additional boost to mobile fleet... Police g... » THE Guyana Police Force (GPF), yesterday, received...
High tide warning in effect - more sandbags aligne... » THE Ministry of Public Works has issued a warning ...
OPR to probe Shaka Chase torture allegations - Roh... » MINISTER of Home Affairs, Clement Rohee yesterday ...
Granger’s associate fingered in U.S. corruption ... » A FORMER member of the Guyana Defence Force (GDF) ...
AFC Councilor rebuffs party shenanigans …says Ra... » “THE budget cuts are unconscionable and unconsti...
Over 1, 500 laptops given out in Region 4 - as OL... » WITH a total of 28,000 laptops already in the hand...
BOSAI rents 3 diesel gensets to bolster Linden ele... » THE BOSAI Minerals Group (Guyana) Inc yesterday ac...
|EZjet makes maiden voyage with KMTC … Carib Beer and El Dorado also on board|
|Tuesday, 31 July 2012 21:25|
WHEN the Kennard Memorial Turf (KMTC) runs off its Post-Emancipation horse race meeting this Sunday at its Bush Lot, Corentyne track, it will be doing so with the kind compliments of EZjet Air Services, Carib Beer and El Dorado rum among others.
At a simple presentation ceremony held in her company’s Brickdam office yesterday, EZjet’s Country Manager Rosalinda Rosul said they were very delighted to make this maiden voyage with KMTC, after she presented honorary president of the club and Retired Chancellor of the Judiciary Cecil Kennard with the cheque and trophy.
According to Rosul, while EZjet is pleased to be associated with Guyana’s oldest horseracing club, and undertook to sponsor in full Sunday’s five-furlong race for horses classified K and L, the entity hopes it is the beginning of a major relationship between the two.
On Monday, Public Relations Officer of Ansa McAl Limited Darshanie Yusuf, said the company has a good track record of support for all sports in Guyana and will continue that with horse racing, adding that the KMTC has been doing extremely well in promoting and developing horse racing, while pointing out that Sunday’s event is the third for the club this year.
Ansa McAl’s contribution will go towards Sunday’s first prize of the feature event, which will be contested amongst horses classified B Class and Lower, such as Whosoever, Awesome Warriors, Donut Prince, California Strike and Mission King, covering a distance of one mile for the $1.5M cash prize and the Carib Beer trophy.
|Last Updated on Tuesday, 31 July 2012 21:33|
- E-Networks and DBL on board with BCCI and BCB Independence Cup
- Carmichael shines for Club Crusoe
- Gordon gives back to cycling … 16-year-old Agard receives new bike
- Lumumba is new GS of GFA
- Registration process for second ‘Chow Pow’ 10/10 tournament under way
- Bravo’s Super Kings march into the final despite Smith half-century
- ‘World Challenge Day 2013’ being observed today … Dr Anthony to give motivational speech
- ‘I am innocent' - Sreesanth
- Dr Anthony calls for special cycling event to commemorate 50th Independence Anniversary
- Mackeson ‘Keep Your Five Alive’ - Albouystown ‘B’ and Sparta Boss in the mix as tournament reaches final six
- Jamaica steps up training ahead of crucial World Cup qualifiers
- RBC and Greaves say ‘Thanks’ to sponsors
- Emerging Bailey-Cole targets sub-10
- Defending champions Team Seejattan/Ten-Pow retain GMRSC Endurance title
- Vettori returns to New Zealand squad
- Chennai Super Kings take on Mumbai Indians in first IPL qualifier today
- England ponder top-order problems ahead of Ashes
- Mourinho to leave Real Madrid at end of season … PSG coach Ancelotti among candidates to take over
- Pistorius rules out 2013 return
- Pacers beat Knicks to join Heat in NBA Eastern Finals