Tuesday, 18 June 2013
To ensure higher level of service… $158.4M Polic... » COMMANDER-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, President ...
FAO recognises Guyana for meeting anti-hunger targ... » GUYANA is among 18 countries recognised at a speci...
State-of-the-art forensic lab to open soon - Rohee... » CONTRACTORS have requested one more week to finish...
Pomeroon farmers to export coconut water to Trinid... » COUNCILLOR of the Region 2 Regional Democratic Cou...
‘Terrorist’ Colin Jones convicted of Health M... » COLIN Jones, charged with the 2009 burning of the ...
Alleged woman beating… No place for rogue cops i... » THE Ministry of Home Affairs said, yesterday, that...
President Ramotar urges emulation of Enmore Martyr... » PRESIDENT Donald Ramotar yesterday called upon tho...
|Mancini wants Tevez stay|
|Tuesday, 17 July 2012 21:14|
MANCHESTER City manager Roberto Mancini has been impressed by the attitude of Carlos Tevez since the striker's return for pre-season training.
The Argentine's future has again been the subject of speculation but Mancini appears to have no problem with the prospect of the 28-year-old staying.
City's difficulties with Tevez last season were extensively documented but the forward played a key role in the club's Premier League title success after returning from a self-imposed exile.
Mancini told City TV: "After January last year the problems with Carlos were finished. He came back to Manchester and his behaviour was good. He played a lot of games and scored important goals that helped us win the title. Now he has started the pre-season training very well."
There have also been reports suggesting that other members of City's strikeforce of Sergio Aguero, Edin Dzeko and Mario Balotelli could move on.
But Mancini, who has been linked with a move for Arsenal's Robin van Persie, said: "I think such speculation is normal. We have four top strikers and all the other teams in Europe would like strikers like them."
Mancini was recently rewarded for his success in guiding City to their first title win in 44 years with a new five-year contract. The Italian, who succeeded Mark Hughes in December 2009, is now committed to the Etihad Stadium until 2017.
The 47-year-old said: "We did a good job for the last two years and I hope we can do a better one in the next five. But we cannot rest or start thinking that because we won the title that we are the best.
"It is more difficult to win the title when you are defending champions. We start again as if from nothing - we must forget that we won the title. Every team will want to beat us and we must work harder than ever."
- Guyana Cycling Federation acquires lap counter … but more needs to be done
- Chanderpaul out of Caribbean Premier League … Aussie batsman Luke Pomersbach in
- GTTA names squad for Caribbean Pre-Cadet tournament … C’ships set for Guyana in August 2013
- St Therese's Primary lift female football title
- New Silvercity and Linden Foundation secure wins … two more matches set for today
- President Cameron meets Grenada and SVG Prime Ministers
- St Francis donates Sport equipment to clubs in Rose Hall Town
- French footballers' underage prostitute trial adjourned to 2014
- Australia, Iran and S.Korea head for Brazil
- Thiago hat-trick leads Spain to Euro Under-21 crown
- Cook puts past behind him ahead of Champions Trophy semi-final
- Rain stars at Arnos Vale for first T20
- T&T Football Association unveils new logo
- Persaud to lead Guyana in WICB U-17 tourney
- VCB’s drug woes threaten Jamaica’s sprint powerhouse reputation - JOA boss
- Christian congratulates Essequibo on historic victory.
- Smith to lead Windies A in T20s against Sri Lanka A
- New HPC group to play Barbados club cricket
- Tahiti score but trounced 6-1 by Nigeria
- Spurs stun Heat to close in on NBA title