Tuesday, 18 June 2013
To ensure higher level of service… $158.4M Polic... » COMMANDER-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, President ...
FAO recognises Guyana for meeting anti-hunger targ... » GUYANA is among 18 countries recognised at a speci...
State-of-the-art forensic lab to open soon - Rohee... » CONTRACTORS have requested one more week to finish...
Pomeroon farmers to export coconut water to Trinid... » COUNCILLOR of the Region 2 Regional Democratic Cou...
‘Terrorist’ Colin Jones convicted of Health M... » COLIN Jones, charged with the 2009 burning of the ...
Alleged woman beating… No place for rogue cops i... » THE Ministry of Home Affairs said, yesterday, that...
President Ramotar urges emulation of Enmore Martyr... » PRESIDENT Donald Ramotar yesterday called upon tho...
|Claudine Millicent Holder is 100 not out!|
|Wednesday, 11 July 2012 22:42|
JOINING the distinguished ranks of Guyana’s centenarians yesterday, was Mrs. Claudine Millicent Holder, mother of GT&T’s Mr. Terrence Holder and Mrs. Lorna Mc Kenzie with whom she lives at Cane View Avenue, South Ruimveldt Gardens.
For the modest and precious soul, now turned centenarian, it was a great moment yesterday when she was honoured with a special birthday celebration, which took the form of a Mass/Communion Service, conducted by the Reverend Oswald Barnes, followed by a birthday party for relatives and friends. The celebration was held at the home she shares with Lorna and her family.
Among the distinguished gathering joining Mrs. Holder and her extended family in celebrating the momentous occasion were Prime Minister Samuel Hinds, Leader of the People’s National Congress, Mr. Robert Corbin and Minister of Education, Ms. Priya Manickchand.
More Top Stories
- To ensure higher level of service… $158.4M Police Training Centre commissioned - President chides GPF for not practising effective policing
- FAO recognises Guyana for meeting anti-hunger targets - three years in advance
- State-of-the-art forensic lab to open soon - Rohee says highly qualified staff already selected, expensive scientific equipment already here
- PPP accuses AFC, APNU of supporting criminals
- Pomeroon farmers to export coconut water to Trinidad soon – according to RDC councillor Da Silva
- Former Mayor of Anna Regina dies
- ‘Terrorist’ Colin Jones convicted of Health Ministry 2009 arson
- Alleged woman beating… No place for rogue cops in GPF - declares Home Affairs Ministry
- President Ramotar urges emulation of Enmore Martyrs
- Woman perishes in Plaisance fire, two homes flattened
- First Lady treats New Amsterdam prisoners to sumptuous lunch
- Guyana’s economy growing exceptionally well- Global Competitiveness Report
- COP shot during firearm issuance at Eve Leary - Intestines damaged, mother vows “end of police work”
- Dr. Vindhya Vasini Persaud unanimously elected new Dharmic Sabha’s President
- Relatives rule out robbery as… : Bandits target former footballer’s North Ruimveldt home : --shoot father in head, wife in abdomen
- First Lady encourages absentee fathers to mend their ways : --and embrace fatherhood
- Gunmen attempt to take Albouystown man out, but fail : --Relatives have a suspect in mind
- Enmore Martyrs’ Day … : PPP: A time of deep reflection : --on the legacy of the ‘Intrepid 5’
- Courtney Gibson remembered amidst moving tributes : --as disciplined, well-rounded
- North Sophia tragedy… : Full military rites for fallen cop tomorrow in Essequibo