Wednesday, 19 June 2013
One dead, two critical - in Mabura trail mishap » THE police are investigating a fatal accident that...
Several opened mails found at home of Berbice pos... » POLICE in Berbice are investigating the discovery ...
At Berbice Assizes… Pharmacist accused of rape f... » AN ACCUSED rapist was freed also of indecent assau...
Protest outside Albion court as accused wife kille... » SOME friends and family members of Prabhudial Tara...
Two husbands treated differently in domestic abuse... » TWO separate domestic abuse cases were called befo...
Guyana, Rwanda share experiences to improve solid ... » AT the invitation of the United Nations Developmen...
New $16.1M high-tech DHB control system undergoes ... » THE new Programme Logic Control (PLC) System insta...
To ensure higher level of service… $158.4M Polic... » COMMANDER-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, President ...
FAO recognises Guyana for meeting anti-hunger targ... » GUYANA is among 18 countries recognised at a speci...
|GABA mourns passing of Liverpool|
|Thursday, 05 July 2012 21:53|
THE GEORGETOWN Amateur Basketball Association (GABA) and the entire basketball fraternity would like to extend sincere condolence to the family and friends of the Damien Liverpool who died last week Thursday, following a bizarre accident in neighbouring Suriname.
According to a press release sent by GABA’s vice-president Kester Gomes, Liverpool was a vibrant and free-spirited athlete whose passion for winning was evident from his tenacity on the court.
A stellar defender and rebounder, Liverpool dominated, by outworking opponents with lesser intensity and his on-court tactics were a joy for both fans and players, making his absence from the sport through death, surely missed.
GABA is taking steps to have the league's rebounding champion trophy be called the Damien Liverpool Trophy in his memory. Guyana’s basketball has lost one of its greatest characters and he will be forever missed but not forgotten.
Rest in Peace Damien!
- Guyana Cycling Federation acquires lap counter … but more needs to be done
- Chanderpaul out of Caribbean Premier League … Aussie batsman Luke Pomersbach in
- GTTA names squad for Caribbean Pre-Cadet tournament … C’ships set for Guyana in August 2013
- St Therese's Primary lift female football title
- New Silvercity and Linden Foundation secure wins … two more matches set for today
- President Cameron meets Grenada and SVG Prime Ministers
- St Francis donates Sport equipment to clubs in Rose Hall Town
- French footballers' underage prostitute trial adjourned to 2014
- Australia, Iran and S.Korea head for Brazil
- Thiago hat-trick leads Spain to Euro Under-21 crown
- Cook puts past behind him ahead of Champions Trophy semi-final
- Rain stars at Arnos Vale for first T20
- T&T Football Association unveils new logo
- Persaud to lead Guyana in WICB U-17 tourney
- VCB’s drug woes threaten Jamaica’s sprint powerhouse reputation - JOA boss
- Christian congratulates Essequibo on historic victory.
- Smith to lead Windies A in T20s against Sri Lanka A
- New HPC group to play Barbados club cricket
- Tahiti score but trounced 6-1 by Nigeria
- Spurs stun Heat to close in on NBA title