Wednesday, 19 June 2013
One dead, two critical - in Mabura trail mishap » THE police are investigating a fatal accident that...
Several opened mails found at home of Berbice pos... » POLICE in Berbice are investigating the discovery ...
At Berbice Assizes… Pharmacist accused of rape f... » AN ACCUSED rapist was freed also of indecent assau...
Protest outside Albion court as accused wife kille... » SOME friends and family members of Prabhudial Tara...
Two husbands treated differently in domestic abuse... » TWO separate domestic abuse cases were called befo...
Guyana, Rwanda share experiences to improve solid ... » AT the invitation of the United Nations Developmen...
New $16.1M high-tech DHB control system undergoes ... » THE new Programme Logic Control (PLC) System insta...
To ensure higher level of service… $158.4M Polic... » COMMANDER-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, President ...
FAO recognises Guyana for meeting anti-hunger targ... » GUYANA is among 18 countries recognised at a speci...
|In attempted murder case…|
Remanded son refuses representation by father’s lawyer
By Nathalene DeFreitas
EMO Fox, 39, of Lot 73 Brickdam, Georgetown, was remanded to prison yesterday, on a charge of attempting to murder his father, Cyril Fox. He appeared before Magistrate Hazel Octive-Hamilton, charged, indictably, with committing the offence on July 1, at Brickdam.
Police Corporal Simone Payne, prosecuting, successfully objected to bail for the accused, based on the seriousness of the crime.
The prosecutor said the virtual complainant suffered several stab wounds and is still a patient in the High Dependency Unit (HDU) of the Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation(GPHC).
Attorney-at-law Mr. Mortimer Coddett said he is the Fox family lawyer and will be handling the case.
However, the prisoner told the court he does not want the lawyer to represent him because he is counsel for his father.
The lawyer was then asked to take a seat and the case was put off for report and fixture on July 24.
- Magistrate changes pleas, postpones cases to today
- Husband remanded to prison for damaging wife’s kitchen utensils - and using abusive language, threatening behaviour
- Prosecutor states… Defendant shot in attempt to steal gun
- Bail denied man in minibus shooting incident
- Court told… Defendant charged with obstructing, cuffed policeman
- Man on cop assault, other charges granted bail
- Woman jailed for injuring disobedient stepson
- Alleged drag race drivers committed for causing death
- Dreadlocked ‘Fiah Lion’ jailed for trafficking marijuana
- Man fined for abusing policeman, disorderly behaviour
- Larceny defendant with other charges pending refused bail
- Grievous bodily harm defendant granted self-bail
- Damage to property offender asks for 21 days but gets six months
- Man remanded over West Coast phone cards robbery with violence
- Chief Justice grants bail totalling $1.9M to 12 petitioners
- Phone snatcher fined $50,000
- Man charged with inciting Benschop to commit murder granted bail
- Around the Courts… Frequent flyer jailed, fined for cocaine
- Accused Corentyne wife strangler makes court appearance
- Police Sergeant Vishnu Hunt, ...