Wednesday, 22 May 2013
President apologises to APNU leader for oversight ... » PRESIDENTIAL Adviser on Governance, Gail Teixeira,...
APNU reasons for pull-out of Money Laundering obli... » HOME Affairs Minister Clement Rohee believes that ...
As an additional boost to mobile fleet... Police g... » THE Guyana Police Force (GPF), yesterday, received...
High tide warning in effect - more sandbags aligne... » THE Ministry of Public Works has issued a warning ...
OPR to probe Shaka Chase torture allegations - Roh... » MINISTER of Home Affairs, Clement Rohee yesterday ...
Granger’s associate fingered in U.S. corruption ... » A FORMER member of the Guyana Defence Force (GDF) ...
AFC Councilor rebuffs party shenanigans …says Ra... » “THE budget cuts are unconscionable and unconsti...
Over 1, 500 laptops given out in Region 4 - as OL... » WITH a total of 28,000 laptops already in the hand...
BOSAI rents 3 diesel gensets to bolster Linden ele... » THE BOSAI Minerals Group (Guyana) Inc yesterday ac...
|Charged policeman also permitted another man to rape-Prosecutor|
|Thursday, 28 June 2012 20:43|
A police constable stationed at Matthews Ridge, North West District, appeared in court on Wednesday, on charges of sexually penetrating a 15-year-old girl and permitting another man to also do it in a room at the station.
Carlos Pollydore, 25, was charged, indictably, before Acting Chief Magistrate Priya Sewnarine-Beharry.
Particulars of the offence said, on January 1, 2012, at Matthews Ridge Police Station, he sexually penetrated the teen and caused an unidentified male to engage in a similar act with her.
Police Sergeant Philip Sheriff, prosecuting, said the girl was standing on the road with her friend and the accused and another male were about eight feet away from them.
The prosecutor said the accused ordered the virtual complainant to go at the station and, when she refused, he threatened to lock her up.
She, subsequently, complied with the order and when she arrived at the station, the accused took her into a room, had sex with her and then allowed the other male to do the same.
According to the prosecutor, the accused then sent the girl home and she related the incident to her sister and, during the investigations, the victim identified the policeman but the other male remained unidentified.
On an application by attorney-at-law Mr. Patrice Henry, Pollydore was put on $500,000 bail and the cases will be called, again, at Matthews Ridge Court on August 7.
- Policeman in duo refused bail on wounding charges
- Robbery defendant cries upon being remanded
- Court hears… Robbery took place during negotiation over sex proposition
- After fatal stab, Boston told accused, ‘You juk me’ … deposition evidence states
- Defendant with other pending narcotic charge remanded
- From Red Dragon… $650,000 bail for second human trafficking defendant
- Court told… Prisoner admits robbing woman
- Man jailed for robbing overseas-based Guyanese visitor
- Minibus driver placed on bail for assaulting ‘pest’.
- Neighbours at odds over fencing
- Wife favours counselling to resolve domestic dispute
- Mother and son at odds over ‘sweet man’
- Misbehaving child-father fined for annoying child-mother
- Alleged coconut thief granted $90,000 bail
- Sophia man accused of assaulting cop faces two other charges
- Man threatens to kill sibling over dog urine
- Irate husband assaults wife after accusing her of infidelity
- Alleged household thief granted $100,000 bail
- Man assaults woman ‘for nothing’
- ‘Turkey’ charged with possession of narcotics