Wednesday, 19 June 2013
One dead, two critical - in Mabura trail mishap » THE police are investigating a fatal accident that...
Several opened mails found at home of Berbice pos... » POLICE in Berbice are investigating the discovery ...
At Berbice Assizes… Pharmacist accused of rape f... » AN ACCUSED rapist was freed also of indecent assau...
Protest outside Albion court as accused wife kille... » SOME friends and family members of Prabhudial Tara...
Two husbands treated differently in domestic abuse... » TWO separate domestic abuse cases were called befo...
Guyana, Rwanda share experiences to improve solid ... » AT the invitation of the United Nations Developmen...
New $16.1M high-tech DHB control system undergoes ... » THE new Programme Logic Control (PLC) System insta...
To ensure higher level of service… $158.4M Polic... » COMMANDER-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, President ...
FAO recognises Guyana for meeting anti-hunger targ... » GUYANA is among 18 countries recognised at a speci...
|Windies gear up for historic Florida T20s|
|Wednesday, 27 June 2012 22:03|
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida (CMC) -– Embattled West Indies touched down here Monday to begin preparation for their two historic Twenty20 Internationals against New Zealand.
For the first time, West Indies will play matches in a bi-lateral series outside the Caribbean, when they face the Black Caps in the T20 double-header this weekend, with both matches being scheduled for Broward Central Stadium in Fort Lauderdale.
The Windies held their first training session yesterday as they get ready for the Kiwis who are expected to provide a strong challenge.
They will be looking for an improved performance especially after coming off a tough England tour where they went down by 0-2 margins in the three-match Test and One-Day International series, before losing the one-off T20 last Sunday.
Following the T20s here, West Indies will fly to Jamaica for the first two of five ODIs, starting July 5.
- Guyana Cycling Federation acquires lap counter … but more needs to be done
- Chanderpaul out of Caribbean Premier League … Aussie batsman Luke Pomersbach in
- GTTA names squad for Caribbean Pre-Cadet tournament … C’ships set for Guyana in August 2013
- St Therese's Primary lift female football title
- New Silvercity and Linden Foundation secure wins … two more matches set for today
- President Cameron meets Grenada and SVG Prime Ministers
- St Francis donates Sport equipment to clubs in Rose Hall Town
- French footballers' underage prostitute trial adjourned to 2014
- Australia, Iran and S.Korea head for Brazil
- Thiago hat-trick leads Spain to Euro Under-21 crown
- Cook puts past behind him ahead of Champions Trophy semi-final
- Rain stars at Arnos Vale for first T20
- T&T Football Association unveils new logo
- Persaud to lead Guyana in WICB U-17 tourney
- VCB’s drug woes threaten Jamaica’s sprint powerhouse reputation - JOA boss
- Christian congratulates Essequibo on historic victory.
- Smith to lead Windies A in T20s against Sri Lanka A
- New HPC group to play Barbados club cricket
- Tahiti score but trounced 6-1 by Nigeria
- Spurs stun Heat to close in on NBA title