Saturday, 25 May 2013
Deadline extension at Nicaragua meeting Guyana’s... » WITH the parliamentary Opposition MPs deliberately...
Minister Ali urges Florida private sector to capit... » MINISTER of Tourism, Industry and Commerce Irfaan ...
Culture Minister defends operations of Caribbean P... » WITH a public debate raging over the operations an...
Guyana to highlight mining opportunities at high l... » AUSTRALIA’S Senator Bob Carr, Minister for Forei...
Sheema Mangar murder… Mother compliments Rohee o... » RADICA Thakoor, mother of Sheema Mangar, complimen...
Hamilton Green petitions President Ramotar for ben... » CITY Mayor Hamilton Green, an executive member of ...
Money Laundering amendments - Gov’t will be exon... » IT IS now almost certain that international sancti...
Minister Ashni Singh underscores critical role of ... » “THE progress made in Guyana in strengthening th...
|New GPC ideal employer|
|Thursday, 21 June 2012 21:26|
THE Clerical and Commercial Workers Union (CCWU), like our sister Trade Union, The Guyana Labour Union has been following closely, with great concern, the issue raised by one of the print media, with reference to the purchase of items from the New GPC Inc, by the GPHC. Our concern has to do basically with the view that some part of the public, who after reading your article/s may conclude that New GPC Inc was involved in corrupt transactions.
For over five years I have had the privilege of sitting across the table with the management team of New GPC Inc, being one of the unions that represents a section of the workers of the company, regarding matters pertaining to employment, and I find that New GPC Inc is one of those companies that is prepared to share their successes with their employees, sometimes without the input and expectation of the Union; the company has not only provided significant increases in benefits to its employees, but has also seen the need to expand and rehabilitate the facilities, to one that is worker-friendly and safe.
Thus, it is based on my experience with a number of other companies that I will not hesitate in endorsing the view of my colleague at the GLU that “New GPC Inc stands out as the ideal model of an employer and company.”
The CCWU, therefore urge the media to be more responsible in their reporting, as we give our support to the Board of Directors, Management and staff of New GPC Inc and wish them all success, as they continue to remain strong, locally, regionally and internationally.
- Guyana comes first
- Slain cop’s colleagues hold the key to who were the killers
- Millers exploiting rice farmers
- Sugar industry needs restructuring
- Agonising delay in accessing salary at Scotiabank
- Road users need protection from grass slashers
- Opposition continued effort to stymie progress is alarming
- Launching of operation El Dorado commendable
- High quality technicians are needed to man the Forensic Lab
- Why the deafening silence by Stabroek News, Kaieteur News on Sharma’s case?
- Ruel Johnson is plagued with blinkered vision
- Guyana's progress being held hostage to negative politics
- UG seeks private sector partnership to aid transformation process
- Is our situation ‘a chicken and egg’ scenario?
- Post Offices continue to make a sterling contribution
- Clearing up some obvious serious misconceptions as to the purpose, use and functions of the Lighthouse
- ‘Gay’ Guyanese speaks out
- Opposition antics are about gaining power by all means
- The leopard does not change its spots
- “Dis time na lang time”