Wednesday, 19 June 2013
One dead, two critical - in Mabura trail mishap » THE police are investigating a fatal accident that...
Several opened mails found at home of Berbice pos... » POLICE in Berbice are investigating the discovery ...
At Berbice Assizes… Pharmacist accused of rape f... » AN ACCUSED rapist was freed also of indecent assau...
Protest outside Albion court as accused wife kille... » SOME friends and family members of Prabhudial Tara...
Two husbands treated differently in domestic abuse... » TWO separate domestic abuse cases were called befo...
Guyana, Rwanda share experiences to improve solid ... » AT the invitation of the United Nations Developmen...
New $16.1M high-tech DHB control system undergoes ... » THE new Programme Logic Control (PLC) System insta...
To ensure higher level of service… $158.4M Polic... » COMMANDER-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, President ...
FAO recognises Guyana for meeting anti-hunger targ... » GUYANA is among 18 countries recognised at a speci...
|Rupununi resident secures bail on five charges|
|Wednesday, 20 June 2012 20:27|
ERIC Bobb of 94 Central Lethem, Region 9, appeared before Georgetown Magistrate Ms Hazel Octive-Hamilton yesterday to answer to five charges.
The charges alleged that on June 17 at Lethem, Bobb committed the following offences: * Assaulted a peace officer (police constable) during performance of his duties.
* Unlawfully and maliciously wounded the officer.
* Resisted arrest
* Behaved in a disorderly manner
* Damaged the property (pants) of the police officer valued at $3000.
Bobb pleaded not guilty to all the charges, and was granted bail in the sum of $120,000. He will next appear in court on June 27.
- Prosecutor states… Defendant shot in attempt to steal gun
- Bail denied man in minibus shooting incident
- Court told… Defendant charged with obstructing, cuffed policeman
- Man on cop assault, other charges granted bail
- Woman jailed for injuring disobedient stepson
- Alleged drag race drivers committed for causing death
- Dreadlocked ‘Fiah Lion’ jailed for trafficking marijuana
- Man fined for abusing policeman, disorderly behaviour
- Larceny defendant with other charges pending refused bail
- Grievous bodily harm defendant granted self-bail
- Damage to property offender asks for 21 days but gets six months
- Man remanded over West Coast phone cards robbery with violence
- Chief Justice grants bail totalling $1.9M to 12 petitioners
- Phone snatcher fined $50,000
- Man charged with inciting Benschop to commit murder granted bail
- Around the Courts… Frequent flyer jailed, fined for cocaine
- Accused Corentyne wife strangler makes court appearance
- Police Sergeant Vishnu Hunt, ...
- Grievous bodily harm defendant remanded
- Man jailed & fined for trafficking marijuana