Monday, 17 June 2013
President Ramotar urges emulation of Enmore Martyr... » PRESIDENT Donald Ramotar yesterday called upon tho...
Woman perishes in Plaisance fire, two homes flatte... » THIRTY-SEVEN year old Susan Mclean of 73 Victoria ...
First Lady treats New Amsterdam prisoners to sumpt... » NINETY FOUR male inmates at the New Amsterdam Pris...
Guyana’s economy growing exceptionally well- Glo... » ACTING Minister of Tourism, Irfaan Ali has noted t...
COP shot during firearm issuance at Eve Leary - In... » A police rank is nursing serious injuries at the G...
Dr. Vindhya Vasini Persaud unanimously elected new... » Dr. VINDHYA Vasini Persaud was unanimously elected...
Relatives rule out robbery as… : Bandits target ... » AT just about 19:00 hrs last evening, three gunmen...
First Lady encourages absentee fathers to mend the... » THE following is a message sent all fathers, parti...
Gunmen attempt to take Albouystown man out, but fa... » TWENTY-two-year-old Christopher Gonsalves, also kn...
|Two make appearance on Mc Doom murder charge|
|Monday, 18 June 2012 21:54|
TWO MEN, charged with the last week murder of Pritipaul Singh Investments (PSI) employee Mark Solomon, made their court appearance yesterday.
Twenty-six-year-old Sheldon Bowen and Leon Munroe, 29 (no addresses given) appeared before Acting Chief Magistrate Priya Sewnarine-Beharry and were remanded to prison.
Particulars of the offence said they murdered the victim on June 12, at Mc Doom, East Bank Demerara.
Police Sergeant Philip Sheriff, prosecuting, said, that day, Solomon had an argument with the two accused and he chucked one of them.
Subsequently, the accused armed themselves with knives and attacked Solomon who suffered injuries to which he succumbed, the prosecutor related.
The prisoners have to be back in court on July 16.
- Damage to property offender asks for 21 days but gets six months
- Man remanded over West Coast phone cards robbery with violence
- Chief Justice grants bail totalling $1.9M to 12 petitioners
- Phone snatcher fined $50,000
- Man charged with inciting Benschop to commit murder granted bail
- Around the Courts… Frequent flyer jailed, fined for cocaine
- Accused Corentyne wife strangler makes court appearance
- Police Sergeant Vishnu Hunt, ...
- Grievous bodily harm defendant remanded
- Man jailed & fined for trafficking marijuana
- Phagwah Day 2012 murder accused committed
- THE trial of murder accused Noel Adonis...
- Two murder cases called on first day of June Criminal Session
- Man gets four years for robbery and fleeing lawful custody
- Break and enter accused held with booty by police
- Lyng Street man accused of gold chain robbery in neighbourhood - VC says compelled to accept compensation
- Man remanded over 9mm ammo and cocaine in a box
- Duo found with woman’s $300,000 gold chain after High Street snatch
- Court told… Electronic store sales manager caught on camera taking iPod - granted $100,000 bail
- Man busted with marijuana at Ogle Airport remanded