Wednesday, 22 May 2013
ACCUSED COP KILLER REMANDED - prosecution has tota... » TWENTY-SIX-YEAR-OLD Shaka Chase of 169 East Ruim...
Rise up against opposition stand on money launderi... » WITH six days left before Guyana comes up for revi...
Two-mile-wide tornado kills at least 51 -- includi... » Moore, Oklahoma (CNN) -- Rescue workers raced agai...
Ruling PPP/C leads APNU & AFC in popular support -... » AN opinion survey conducted by the North American ...
Lost Hope... The mystery of two sugar workers who ... » TODAY marks eight years since two sugar workers, M...
Forensic laboratory scheduled for June completion ... » THE Forensic Laboratory currently under constructi...
GPL will need $5B subvention in face of pay hike-D... » The Guyana Power and Light (GPL) will be placed in...
|Windies sweating on Bravo, Russell for second ODI|
|Sunday, 17 June 2012 20:49|
LONDON, England, ,( CMC) – West Indies are sweating on the fitness of batsman Darren Bravo and all-rounder Andre Russell but have been boosted by the news that talismanic opener Chris Gayle will be available for Tuesday’s second One-Day International against England.
The left-handed Gayle missed Saturday’s 114-run loss in the opening ODI at Southampton with a stress reaction in a bone in his left leg.
His presence was missed in the batting line-up as the Windies slid to 172 all out in response to England’s 288 for six.
The left-handed Bravo injured his groin during the game and was forced to bat at number nine, finishing with eight not out in an uncomfortable 21 minutes at the crease.
He joins Russell who is also struggling with a shoulder injury.
Both players will have scans on Monday to determine their match fitness.
- E-Networks and DBL on board with BCCI and BCB Independence Cup
- Carmichael shines for Club Crusoe
- Gordon gives back to cycling … 16-year-old Agard receives new bike
- Lumumba is new GS of GFA
- Registration process for second ‘Chow Pow’ 10/10 tournament under way
- Bravo’s Super Kings march into the final despite Smith half-century
- ‘World Challenge Day 2013’ being observed today … Dr Anthony to give motivational speech
- ‘I am innocent' - Sreesanth
- Dr Anthony calls for special cycling event to commemorate 50th Independence Anniversary
- Mackeson ‘Keep Your Five Alive’ - Albouystown ‘B’ and Sparta Boss in the mix as tournament reaches final six
- Jamaica steps up training ahead of crucial World Cup qualifiers
- RBC and Greaves say ‘Thanks’ to sponsors
- Emerging Bailey-Cole targets sub-10
- Defending champions Team Seejattan/Ten-Pow retain GMRSC Endurance title
- Vettori returns to New Zealand squad
- Chennai Super Kings take on Mumbai Indians in first IPL qualifier today
- England ponder top-order problems ahead of Ashes
- Mourinho to leave Real Madrid at end of season … PSG coach Ancelotti among candidates to take over
- Pistorius rules out 2013 return
- Pacers beat Knicks to join Heat in NBA Eastern Finals