Monday, 17 June 2013
President Ramotar urges emulation of Enmore Martyr... » PRESIDENT Donald Ramotar yesterday called upon tho...
Woman perishes in Plaisance fire, two homes flatte... » THIRTY-SEVEN year old Susan Mclean of 73 Victoria ...
First Lady treats New Amsterdam prisoners to sumpt... » NINETY FOUR male inmates at the New Amsterdam Pris...
Guyana’s economy growing exceptionally well- Glo... » ACTING Minister of Tourism, Irfaan Ali has noted t...
COP shot during firearm issuance at Eve Leary - In... » A police rank is nursing serious injuries at the G...
Dr. Vindhya Vasini Persaud unanimously elected new... » Dr. VINDHYA Vasini Persaud was unanimously elected...
Relatives rule out robbery as… : Bandits target ... » AT just about 19:00 hrs last evening, three gunmen...
First Lady encourages absentee fathers to mend the... » THE following is a message sent all fathers, parti...
Gunmen attempt to take Albouystown man out, but fa... » TWENTY-two-year-old Christopher Gonsalves, also kn...
|Friday night’s shooting…|
|Sunday, 17 June 2012 00:03|
Primary target succumbs to head, other injuries
-- motive as yet unknown
MOHAMED Shahabudeen Bacchus, 43, of Pouderoyen, West Bank Demerara, Managing Director of Pest Control Plus, died yesterday at the Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation (GPHC) after being shot repeatedly in the head on Friday night while with friends at a fast food outlet in Thomas Street, Georgetown. Police reported yesterday that about 22:00 hours on Friday, Bacchus was at a restaurant and bar at Thomas Street, Georgetown when two men entered the building, and one of them, who was armed with a gun, discharged several rounds at him before they both escaped.
Hit in his head and about his body, Bacchus was admitted to the GPHC, where he later succumbed.
No clear motive has yet been established for the execution-style killing of Bacchus, but he had previously been shot in 2008 at his former residence on Lamaha Street, Georgetown.
Relatives yesterday remained tight-lipped about the incident, and refused to speak to this publication, stating that they did not know anything.
Nevertheless, police investigations are in progress.
More Top Stories
- State-of-the-art forensic lab to open soon - Rohee says highly qualified staff already selected, expensive scientific equipment already here
- PPP accuses AFC, APNU of supporting criminals
- Pomeroon farmers to export coconut water to Trinidad soon – according to RDC councillor Da Silva
- Former Mayor of Anna Regina dies
- ‘Terrorist’ Colin Jones convicted of Health Ministry 2009 arson
- Alleged woman beating… No place for rogue cops in GPF - declares Home Affairs Ministry
- President Ramotar urges emulation of Enmore Martyrs
- Woman perishes in Plaisance fire, two homes flattened
- First Lady treats New Amsterdam prisoners to sumptuous lunch
- Guyana’s economy growing exceptionally well- Global Competitiveness Report
- COP shot during firearm issuance at Eve Leary - Intestines damaged, mother vows “end of police work”
- Dr. Vindhya Vasini Persaud unanimously elected new Dharmic Sabha’s President
- Relatives rule out robbery as… : Bandits target former footballer’s North Ruimveldt home : --shoot father in head, wife in abdomen
- First Lady encourages absentee fathers to mend their ways : --and embrace fatherhood
- Gunmen attempt to take Albouystown man out, but fail : --Relatives have a suspect in mind
- Enmore Martyrs’ Day … : PPP: A time of deep reflection : --on the legacy of the ‘Intrepid 5’
- Courtney Gibson remembered amidst moving tributes : --as disciplined, well-rounded
- North Sophia tragedy… : Full military rites for fallen cop tomorrow in Essequibo
- Opposition takes flak for opposing vital security legislation : --and dependence on criminal elements
- - GuyExpo 2013 Launched... : - President notes that the quality of our people will help us reach international standards