Wednesday, 22 May 2013
President apologises to APNU leader for oversight ... » PRESIDENTIAL Adviser on Governance, Gail Teixeira,...
APNU reasons for pull-out of Money Laundering obli... » HOME Affairs Minister Clement Rohee believes that ...
As an additional boost to mobile fleet... Police g... » THE Guyana Police Force (GPF), yesterday, received...
High tide warning in effect - more sandbags aligne... » THE Ministry of Public Works has issued a warning ...
OPR to probe Shaka Chase torture allegations - Roh... » MINISTER of Home Affairs, Clement Rohee yesterday ...
Granger’s associate fingered in U.S. corruption ... » A FORMER member of the Guyana Defence Force (GDF) ...
AFC Councilor rebuffs party shenanigans …says Ra... » “THE budget cuts are unconscionable and unconsti...
Over 1, 500 laptops given out in Region 4 - as OL... » WITH a total of 28,000 laptops already in the hand...
BOSAI rents 3 diesel gensets to bolster Linden ele... » THE BOSAI Minerals Group (Guyana) Inc yesterday ac...
|Powell, Fudadin join West Indies A Team|
|Thursday, 14 June 2012 22:38|
GROS ISLET, St Lucia - The West Indies Cricket Board’s (WICB) Selection Panel has called up Kieran Powell and Assad Fudadin to the West Indies A Team 13-man squad for the third Digicel ‘Test’ against India A at Beausejour Cricket Ground in St Lucia.
The pair returned home earlier this week from the West Indies Test Series in England. West Indies A and India A are level 1-1 in the three-match Digicel Series, after the visitors won the opening match by two wickets at Kensington Oval in Barbados.
West Indies A bounced back to win the second match by 125 runs at Arnos Vale in St Vincent, with the third and final Digicel Test starting tomorrow at Beausejour.
Powell, 22, is a tall left-handed opener; while Fudadin, 26, is a left-handed middle-order batsman who bowls right-arm medium-pace. Powell played all three Test matches in England. Fudadin made his Test debut in the third and final match at Edgbaston.
WEST INDIES A TEAM SQUAD: Veerasammy Permaul (captain), Jason Holder (vice-captain), Devendra Bishoo, Nkrumah Bonner, Kraigg Brathwaite, Jonathan Carter, Kyle Corbin, Assad Fudadin, Delorn Johnson, Kevin McLean, Kieran Powell, Donovan Pagon and Devon Thomas (wicketkeeper).
- Edward ‘Screw’ Richmond Memorial Under-19 Tournament - Wismar Christianburg Secondary ‘Multi ’ and New Silvercity Secondary to clash in today’s final
- Mackeson ‘Keep Your Five Alive’ - Penultimate action kicks off in Albouystown tonight … Sparta Boss and host team heading for finals clash
- Teams known for second GSCL 12/12 Championship in June
- Guyana’s Independence T20 Cup 2013 - Memorex Enterprises lends support to tournament
- Berbice lifters to rock Pan Am Championships … National lifters intensify training
- Smith anxious to carry his success to the Champions trophy
- Guyana celebrates World Challenge Day
- Rain or shine, ECCCC fundraiser on this weekend
- Miller and Cummins in Windies A-team to play Sri Lanka
- E-Networks and DBL on board with BCCI and BCB Independence Cup
- Carmichael shines for Club Crusoe
- Gordon gives back to cycling … 16-year-old Agard receives new bike
- Lumumba is new GS of GFA
- Registration process for second ‘Chow Pow’ 10/10 tournament under way
- Bravo’s Super Kings march into the final despite Smith half-century
- ‘World Challenge Day 2013’ being observed today … Dr Anthony to give motivational speech
- ‘I am innocent' - Sreesanth
- Dr Anthony calls for special cycling event to commemorate 50th Independence Anniversary
- Mackeson ‘Keep Your Five Alive’ - Albouystown ‘B’ and Sparta Boss in the mix as tournament reaches final six
- Jamaica steps up training ahead of crucial World Cup qualifiers