Wednesday, 19 June 2013
One dead, two critical - in Mabura trail mishap » THE police are investigating a fatal accident that...
Several opened mails found at home of Berbice pos... » POLICE in Berbice are investigating the discovery ...
At Berbice Assizes… Pharmacist accused of rape f... » AN ACCUSED rapist was freed also of indecent assau...
Protest outside Albion court as accused wife kille... » SOME friends and family members of Prabhudial Tara...
Two husbands treated differently in domestic abuse... » TWO separate domestic abuse cases were called befo...
Guyana, Rwanda share experiences to improve solid ... » AT the invitation of the United Nations Developmen...
New $16.1M high-tech DHB control system undergoes ... » THE new Programme Logic Control (PLC) System insta...
To ensure higher level of service… $158.4M Polic... » COMMANDER-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, President ...
FAO recognises Guyana for meeting anti-hunger targ... » GUYANA is among 18 countries recognised at a speci...
|Man killed when lumber truck toppled|
|Thursday, 14 June 2012 22:18|
A PORTER was killed yesterday morning after the truck he was travelling on toppled and he was pinned by several huge logs.
According to a police report, Allan Mendonca, 30, of Lower Kara Kara, Linden was killed in the gruesome incident which occurred at about 08:30 hrs yesterday morning.
The report added that Mendonca was travelling in a trailer transporting logs along the Ituni trail when the vehicle toppled as a result of a puncture. He was pinned under the logs and later pronounced dead on arrival at the Mackenzie Hospital.
Police said they have since launched an investigation.
|Last Updated on Thursday, 14 June 2012 22:56|
More Top Stories
- Shadick declares no sacred cows as... GNBA announces $2.5M fee for annual broadcasting licence - 22 current broadcasters get approval for 2013, two pending
- DPP workshop targets members of the Judiciary on… PROSECUTING, RECOVERING CRIME PROCEEDS
- Luncheon slams parliamentary Opposition for its ‘deliberate sloth’ - towards financial crimes law
- CJ rules… Opposition Leader, Finance Minister excluded from 2012 Budget Cut case – evidence unnecessary, says AG
- One dead, two critical - in Mabura trail mishap
- Several opened mails found at home of Berbice postman - including utility bills, Christmas cards and correspondence from U.S. embassy addressed to several persons in the New Amsterdam district
- At Berbice Assizes… Pharmacist accused of rape freed - after victim absents self from court
- Protest outside Albion court as accused wife killer appears
- Two husbands treated differently in domestic abuse cases - one placed on $20,000 bail for calling his wife a ‘cross’
- Guyana, Rwanda share experiences to improve solid waste - and sustainable forest management
- New $16.1M high-tech DHB control system undergoes successful test run
- To ensure higher level of service… $158.4M Police Training Centre commissioned - President chides GPF for not practising effective policing
- FAO recognises Guyana for meeting anti-hunger targets - three years in advance
- State-of-the-art forensic lab to open soon - Rohee says highly qualified staff already selected, expensive scientific equipment already here
- PPP accuses AFC, APNU of supporting criminals
- Pomeroon farmers to export coconut water to Trinidad soon – according to RDC councillor Da Silva
- Former Mayor of Anna Regina dies
- ‘Terrorist’ Colin Jones convicted of Health Ministry 2009 arson
- Alleged woman beating… No place for rogue cops in GPF - declares Home Affairs Ministry
- President Ramotar urges emulation of Enmore Martyrs