Tuesday, 18 June 2013
President Ramotar urges emulation of Enmore Martyr... » PRESIDENT Donald Ramotar yesterday called upon tho...
Woman perishes in Plaisance fire, two homes flatte... » THIRTY-SEVEN year old Susan Mclean of 73 Victoria ...
First Lady treats New Amsterdam prisoners to sumpt... » NINETY FOUR male inmates at the New Amsterdam Pris...
Guyana’s economy growing exceptionally well- Glo... » ACTING Minister of Tourism, Irfaan Ali has noted t...
COP shot during firearm issuance at Eve Leary - In... » A police rank is nursing serious injuries at the G...
Dr. Vindhya Vasini Persaud unanimously elected new... » Dr. VINDHYA Vasini Persaud was unanimously elected...
Relatives rule out robbery as… : Bandits target ... » AT just about 19:00 hrs last evening, three gunmen...
First Lady encourages absentee fathers to mend the... » THE following is a message sent all fathers, parti...
Gunmen attempt to take Albouystown man out, but fa... » TWENTY-two-year-old Christopher Gonsalves, also kn...
|CGX appoints overseas-based Guyanese as Director|
|Wednesday, 23 May 2012 21:28|
CGX Energy Inc. has announced that overseas-based Guyanese Dr. Dennis A. Pieters has been appointed to the Company's board of directors, which is Chaired by another Guyanese Dr. Suresh Narine.
Dr. Pieters, whose appointment is subject to regulatory review, is a Reservoir Engineer with over 30 years experience in the E&P industry. Since 2009, he has held the position of Director of Reservoir Engineering for Huber Energy LP, a company involved in the exploration, development and production of oil and gas in Texas, Colorado, Wyoming and Utah.
Huber Energy LP is a subsidiary company of J. M. Huber Corporation, one of the largest privately held companies in the US with diversified interests and operations in 20 countries.
A statement from the CGX noted that, over his career, Dr. Pieters has worked in senior reservoir engineering positions on behalf of a number of major oil E&P companies including Conoco Phillips, Halliburton, Shell Oil, Saudi Aramco and Amoco. In 2003, Dr. Pieters was appointed Subject Matter Expert to the US Army Corps of Engineers for Task Force RIO. His team was tasked with developing an estimate for rebuilding Iraqi oil infrastructure to pre-war levels for delivery to the President of the United States. The US$18.4 billion cost estimate was approved by the U.S.Congress.
Dr. Pieters holds a B.Sc. in Geological Engineering, a M.Sc. in Petroleum Engineering and a Ph.D. in Petroleum Engineering, all from the Colorado School of Mines.
He is the author of a textbook on ‘Decision Making in Oil & Gas’, has published a number of seminal publications in the field, and taught Reservoir Engineering courses at Colorado School of Mines. Dr. Pieters resides in Katy, Texas and is originally from Guyana where he attended Queens College.
CGX Chairman, Dr. Suresh Narine, stated that the CGX board of directors welcomes Dr. Pieters, noting that “his wealth of E&P experience will be very useful as the Company pursues its petroleum exploration portfolio".
Dr. Pieters has been granted 300,000 stock options exercisable at a price of $0.30 until May 22, 2017.
CGX Energy is a Canadian-based oil and gas exploration company focused on the exploration of oil in the Guyana-Suriname Basin, an area ranked second in the world for oil and gas prospectivity by the United States Geological Service. CGX is managed by a team of experienced oil and gas and finance professionals from Guyana, Canada and the United States.
More Top Stories
- To ensure higher level of service… $158.4M Police Training Centre commissioned - President chides GPF for not practising effective policing
- FAO recognises Guyana for meeting anti-hunger targets - three years in advance
- State-of-the-art forensic lab to open soon - Rohee says highly qualified staff already selected, expensive scientific equipment already here
- PPP accuses AFC, APNU of supporting criminals
- Pomeroon farmers to export coconut water to Trinidad soon – according to RDC councillor Da Silva
- Former Mayor of Anna Regina dies
- ‘Terrorist’ Colin Jones convicted of Health Ministry 2009 arson
- Alleged woman beating… No place for rogue cops in GPF - declares Home Affairs Ministry
- President Ramotar urges emulation of Enmore Martyrs
- Woman perishes in Plaisance fire, two homes flattened
- First Lady treats New Amsterdam prisoners to sumptuous lunch
- Guyana’s economy growing exceptionally well- Global Competitiveness Report
- COP shot during firearm issuance at Eve Leary - Intestines damaged, mother vows “end of police work”
- Dr. Vindhya Vasini Persaud unanimously elected new Dharmic Sabha’s President
- Relatives rule out robbery as… : Bandits target former footballer’s North Ruimveldt home : --shoot father in head, wife in abdomen
- First Lady encourages absentee fathers to mend their ways : --and embrace fatherhood
- Gunmen attempt to take Albouystown man out, but fail : --Relatives have a suspect in mind
- Enmore Martyrs’ Day … : PPP: A time of deep reflection : --on the legacy of the ‘Intrepid 5’
- Courtney Gibson remembered amidst moving tributes : --as disciplined, well-rounded
- North Sophia tragedy… : Full military rites for fallen cop tomorrow in Essequibo