Thursday, 23 May 2013
President apologises to APNU leader for oversight ... » PRESIDENTIAL Adviser on Governance, Gail Teixeira,...
APNU reasons for pull-out of Money Laundering obli... » HOME Affairs Minister Clement Rohee believes that ...
As an additional boost to mobile fleet... Police g... » THE Guyana Police Force (GPF), yesterday, received...
High tide warning in effect - more sandbags aligne... » THE Ministry of Public Works has issued a warning ...
OPR to probe Shaka Chase torture allegations - Roh... » MINISTER of Home Affairs, Clement Rohee yesterday ...
Granger’s associate fingered in U.S. corruption ... » A FORMER member of the Guyana Defence Force (GDF) ...
AFC Councilor rebuffs party shenanigans …says Ra... » “THE budget cuts are unconscionable and unconsti...
Over 1, 500 laptops given out in Region 4 - as OL... » WITH a total of 28,000 laptops already in the hand...
BOSAI rents 3 diesel gensets to bolster Linden ele... » THE BOSAI Minerals Group (Guyana) Inc yesterday ac...
|December gun robbery accused makes Court appearance|
|Thursday, 17 May 2012 22:33|
STEVEN Campbell, 19, of Lot 144 James and Cooper Streets, Albouystown, Georgetown appeared in court yesterday, on a robbery under arms charge.
He was charged, indictably, before Magistrate Hazel Octive-Hamilton with having, last December 6, being armed with a gun, robbed Fayan Lewis of two gold chains and nine gold rings, amongst other jewellery, all to the total value of $583,000.
Attorney-at-law, Mr. Adrian Thompson, for the accused, requested reasonable bail, noting that Campbell had been released from police custody on $50,000 surety and had been reporting often during the investigations.
Police Corporal, Simone Payne, prosecuting, had no objection to the grant and Campbell was ordered to lodge $120,000 until May 28.
- Other accused cell phone thief on $50,000 bail
- Larceny case dismissed as virtual complainant declines testimony
- Security guard granted $50,000 bail on larceny charge
- Policeman in duo refused bail on wounding charges
- Robbery defendant cries upon being remanded
- Court hears… Robbery took place during negotiation over sex proposition
- After fatal stab, Boston told accused, ‘You juk me’ … deposition evidence states
- Defendant with other pending narcotic charge remanded
- From Red Dragon… $650,000 bail for second human trafficking defendant
- Court told… Prisoner admits robbing woman
- Man jailed for robbing overseas-based Guyanese visitor
- Minibus driver placed on bail for assaulting ‘pest’.
- Neighbours at odds over fencing
- Wife favours counselling to resolve domestic dispute
- Mother and son at odds over ‘sweet man’
- Misbehaving child-father fined for annoying child-mother
- Alleged coconut thief granted $90,000 bail
- Sophia man accused of assaulting cop faces two other charges
- Man threatens to kill sibling over dog urine
- Irate husband assaults wife after accusing her of infidelity