Monday, 20 May 2013
Forensic laboratory scheduled for June completion ... » THE Forensic Laboratory currently under constructi...
GPL will need $5B subvention in face of pay hike-D... » The Guyana Power and Light (GPL) will be placed in...
No flexibility with importation of banned, restric... » MINISTER of Agriculture, Dr. Leslie Ramsammy has s...
The dramatically changing Georgetown skyline » In recent years, the skyline of Georgetown has tak...
Ramjattan a no-show for anti-money laundering meet... » ATTORNEY-General and Minister of Legal Affairs, An...
GECOM successfully concludes extended registration » THE Guyana Elections Commission (GECOM) yesterday ...
|Man assaulted wife for allegedly putting another man to beat him|
|Wednesday, 16 May 2012 23:08|
A man who allegedly assaulted his wife at Foulis, on the East Coast Demerara, was placed on $50,000 bail when he appeared before Magistrate Nyasha Williams- Hatmin at the Cove and John Magistrateâ€™ s Court.
According to Police Prosecutor, Sheril Graham, investigations revealed that on Monday, 7th May, at Foulis, at around 14:30hrs, Arjune Persaud assaulted his wife, Tarmattie Persaud, and used threatening language to her.
The court heard that on the day in question, the manâ€™s wife was at home watching television, when the defendant came home and accused her of instigating someone to beat him up moments before he got home.
In a fit of rage, he allegedly scrambled and choked Tarmattie, who subsequently freed herself and ran into the street, while her husband pursued and threatened to kill her.
In his defence, Persaud admitted to the magistrate that he did choke and scramble Tarmattie, but had at no time threatened to kill her.
After listening to the particulars, the magistrate released Persaud on $25,000 bail on each charge.
He is expected to return to court onÂ August 7.
- Court toldâ€¦ Prisoner admits robbing woman
- Man jailed for robbing overseas-based Guyanese visitor
- Minibus driver placed on bail for assaulting â€˜pestâ€™.
- Neighbours at odds over fencing
- Wife favours counselling to resolve domestic dispute
- Mother and son at odds over â€˜sweet manâ€™
- Misbehaving child-father fined for annoying child-mother
- Alleged coconut thief granted $90,000 bail
- Sophia man accused of assaulting cop faces two other charges
- Man threatens to kill sibling over dog urine
- Irate husband assaults wife after accusing her of infidelity
- Alleged household thief granted $100,000 bail
- Man assaults woman â€˜for nothingâ€™
- â€˜Turkeyâ€™ charged with possession of narcotics
- Enmore housewife faces two charges
- Angry son placed on $30,000 bail for damaging motherâ€™s water tank
- In wounding caseâ€¦Man accepts $800,000 compensation for damaged jaws
- Remanded prisoner robbed same man twice - Prosecutor
- Road rage wounding accused on $150,000 bail
- Husband bonded for threatening wife, her aunt