Thursday, 20 June 2013
Shadick declares no sacred cows as... GNBA announc... » CHAIRPERSON of the Guyana National Broadcasting Au...
DPP workshop targets members of the Judiciary onā... » THE Chambers of the Director of Public Prosecution...
Luncheon slams parliamentary Opposition for its ā... » THE behaviour of the political Opposition towards ...
CJ rulesā¦ Opposition Leader, Finance Minister e... » CHIEF Justice (ag.) Ian Chang, at yesterdayās he...
One dead, two critical - in Mabura trail mishap » THE police are investigating a fatal accident that...
Several opened mails found at home of Berbice pos... » POLICE in Berbice are investigating the discovery ...
At Berbice Assizesā¦ Pharmacist accused of rape f... » AN ACCUSED rapist was freed also of indecent assau...
Protest outside Albion court as accused wife kille... » SOME friends and family members of Prabhudial Tara...
Two husbands treated differently in domestic abuse... » TWO separate domestic abuse cases were called befo...
|Mothers are the lifeline of society|
|Saturday, 12 May 2012 23:45|
-- First Lady, Deolatchmee Ramotar
In her inaugural message to mark Motherās Day, First Lady Mrs Deolatchmee Ramotar has made the point that motherhood, though priceless, is not rare; that rather it is foundation on which society is built. The following is the full text of her message:
āMotherhood is the worldās priceless treasure. Unlike most treasures, it is not rare. Mothers are all around; they are the lifeline of society.
They nurture, protect, guide and love. A motherās love knows no boundaries. It is unfailing, unceasing, boundless and most importantly unconditional.
This extraordinary capacity to love unreservedly sets motherhood apart, and this is why Motherās Day is so special. On this Motherās Day, I extend greetings to all the mothers of Guyana. I thank you for being open to the gift of life. I applaud your selfless sacrifices in raising your children, and in pouring out to them your incalculable love and affection.
To the children, I urge you to forever honour your mothers. It is wonderful that many of you will today be presenting your mothers with gifts as a sign of your affection for them. But far more important than these presents is the time and attention that you give to your mothers.
I encourage all of you to be attentive, kind, considerate and honest towards your mothers because a motherās role in any home, and in your upbringing, is irreplaceable.
May we always revere our mothers! Happy Motherās Day to all!ā
More Top Stories
- Shadick declares no sacred cows as... GNBA announces $2.5M fee for annual broadcasting licence - 22 current broadcasters get approval for 2013, two pending
- DPP workshop targets members of the Judiciary onā¦ PROSECUTING, RECOVERING CRIME PROCEEDS
- Luncheon slams parliamentary Opposition for its ādeliberate slothā - towards financial crimes law
- CJ rulesā¦ Opposition Leader, Finance Minister excluded from 2012 Budget Cut case ā evidence unnecessary, says AG
- One dead, two critical - in Mabura trail mishap
- Several opened mails found at home of Berbice postman - including utility bills, Christmas cards and correspondence from U.S. embassy addressed to several persons in the New Amsterdam district
- At Berbice Assizesā¦ Pharmacist accused of rape freed - after victim absents self from court
- Protest outside Albion court as accused wife killer appears
- Two husbands treated differently in domestic abuse cases - one placed on $20,000 bail for calling his wife a ācrossā
- Guyana, Rwanda share experiences to improve solid waste - and sustainable forest management
- New $16.1M high-tech DHB control system undergoes successful test run
- To ensure higher level of serviceā¦ $158.4M Police Training Centre commissioned - President chides GPF for not practising effective policing
- FAO recognises Guyana for meeting anti-hunger targets - three years in advance
- State-of-the-art forensic lab to open soon - Rohee says highly qualified staff already selected, expensive scientific equipment already here
- PPP accuses AFC, APNU of supporting criminals
- Pomeroon farmers to export coconut water to Trinidad soon ā according to RDC councillor Da Silva
- Former Mayor of Anna Regina dies
- āTerroristā Colin Jones convicted of Health Ministry 2009 arson
- Alleged woman beatingā¦ No place for rogue cops in GPF - declares Home Affairs Ministry
- President Ramotar urges emulation of Enmore Martyrs