Monday, 17 June 2013
President Ramotar urges emulation of Enmore Martyr... » PRESIDENT Donald Ramotar yesterday called upon tho...
Woman perishes in Plaisance fire, two homes flatte... » THIRTY-SEVEN year old Susan Mclean of 73 Victoria ...
First Lady treats New Amsterdam prisoners to sumpt... » NINETY FOUR male inmates at the New Amsterdam Pris...
Guyana’s economy growing exceptionally well- Glo... » ACTING Minister of Tourism, Irfaan Ali has noted t...
COP shot during firearm issuance at Eve Leary - In... » A police rank is nursing serious injuries at the G...
Dr. Vindhya Vasini Persaud unanimously elected new... » Dr. VINDHYA Vasini Persaud was unanimously elected...
Relatives rule out robbery as… : Bandits target ... » AT just about 19:00 hrs last evening, three gunmen...
First Lady encourages absentee fathers to mend the... » THE following is a message sent all fathers, parti...
Gunmen attempt to take Albouystown man out, but fa... » TWENTY-two-year-old Christopher Gonsalves, also kn...
|India invites Pakistani team to Champions League|
|Saturday, 12 May 2012 22:29|
(REUTERS) - Pakistan cricket officials were hopeful of renewing bilateral ties with India after the Indian governing board invited its neigbours to send a team for this year's Champions League T20 tournament
The Champions League is an offshoot of the lucrative Indian Premier League and is contested by the domestic T20 champions of Test-playing nations.
Pakistan had not been invited to the first three editions of the event by the BCCI due to strained relations between the two countries.
"We are happy that the BCCI decided our national champions should take part in the Champions League," Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chief operating officer Subhan Ahmed told Reuters.
"Hopefully this would be the first step towards reviving bilateral cricket ties between the two countries."
BCCI president Narayanaswami Srinivasan said Pakistani team Sialkot Stallions' participation in the T20 tournament will have to be approved by the governing council of the Champions League that includes Australia and South Africa.
"We are delighted that finally some ice has been broken. Hopefully we can now move forward from here," he said.
India have frozen all bilateral cricket ties with Pakistan since 166 people were killed during a three-day siege in Mumbai in 2008. The only gunman arrested following the attacks was a Pakistani national.
- Persaud to lead Guyana in WICB U-17 tourney
- VCB’s drug woes threaten Jamaica’s sprint powerhouse reputation - JOA boss
- Christian congratulates Essequibo on historic victory.
- Smith to lead Windies A in T20s against Sri Lanka A
- New HPC group to play Barbados club cricket
- Tahiti score but trounced 6-1 by Nigeria
- Spurs stun Heat to close in on NBA title
- Dilshan swoops to send Sri Lanka into semi-finals …England to face South Africa in first semi-final tomorrow
- DCC congratulates Lloyd
- Vijay Deo wins Wartsila golf tourney
- 14th Annual Castrol Father’s Day 50 miler - Jeffrey blitz field to take senior title ….Shaw retains Veteran’s crown
- Scotiabank/Pepsi Schools Under-15 Football Academy… Charlestown and Tutorial crowned Champions
- Edwards: Future bright for Windies, Sri Lanka
- GCB Under-17 Inter-County Essequibo take title as final round match abandoned ….Under-17 squad to be known today
- GOA Jog/Walk and team run set for June 23
- Spain cruise to win over Uruguay in Confederations Cup
- England qualify for Champions Trophy semi-finals
- Murray recovers from slip to win Queen's title
- Balotelli gives Pirlo-inspired Italy 2-1 win over Mexico
- Australia A on top at Stormont ….Stirling, Maddinson hit centuries