Wednesday, 19 June 2013
One dead, two critical - in Mabura trail mishap » THE police are investigating a fatal accident that...
Several opened mails found at home of Berbice pos... » POLICE in Berbice are investigating the discovery ...
At Berbice Assizes… Pharmacist accused of rape f... » AN ACCUSED rapist was freed also of indecent assau...
Protest outside Albion court as accused wife kille... » SOME friends and family members of Prabhudial Tara...
Two husbands treated differently in domestic abuse... » TWO separate domestic abuse cases were called befo...
Guyana, Rwanda share experiences to improve solid ... » AT the invitation of the United Nations Developmen...
New $16.1M high-tech DHB control system undergoes ... » THE new Programme Logic Control (PLC) System insta...
To ensure higher level of service… $158.4M Polic... » COMMANDER-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, President ...
FAO recognises Guyana for meeting anti-hunger targ... » GUYANA is among 18 countries recognised at a speci...
|Blackberry phone larceny defendant remanded|
|Monday, 30 April 2012 20:19|
BLACKBERRY phone larceny defendant Devon Claude (no address given) was remanded to prison yesterday by Acting Chief Magistrate Priya Sewnarine-Beharry.
Claude pleaded not guilty to the April 28 offence, particulars of which said he stole the $85,000 instrument from Debianna Samlall. Police Sergeant Lionel Harvey, prosecuting, successfully objected to bail for the defendant, citing the prevalence of the crime and said Claude was likely to commit others if he secured the grant. The prosecutor told the court that the virtual complainant had just finished using her phone and put it inside her bag when the defendant took it out and was about to run away. But public-spirited persons responded to Samlall’s alarm, apprehended him with the booty and handed him over to police. Claude will make his next court appearance on May 7.
- Prosecutor states… Defendant shot in attempt to steal gun
- Bail denied man in minibus shooting incident
- Court told… Defendant charged with obstructing, cuffed policeman
- Man on cop assault, other charges granted bail
- Woman jailed for injuring disobedient stepson
- Alleged drag race drivers committed for causing death
- Dreadlocked ‘Fiah Lion’ jailed for trafficking marijuana
- Man fined for abusing policeman, disorderly behaviour
- Larceny defendant with other charges pending refused bail
- Grievous bodily harm defendant granted self-bail
- Damage to property offender asks for 21 days but gets six months
- Man remanded over West Coast phone cards robbery with violence
- Chief Justice grants bail totalling $1.9M to 12 petitioners
- Phone snatcher fined $50,000
- Man charged with inciting Benschop to commit murder granted bail
- Around the Courts… Frequent flyer jailed, fined for cocaine
- Accused Corentyne wife strangler makes court appearance
- Police Sergeant Vishnu Hunt, ...
- Grievous bodily harm defendant remanded
- Man jailed & fined for trafficking marijuana