Wednesday, 22 May 2013
President apologises to APNU leader for oversight ... » PRESIDENTIAL Adviser on Governance, Gail Teixeira,...
APNU reasons for pull-out of Money Laundering obli... » HOME Affairs Minister Clement Rohee believes that ...
As an additional boost to mobile fleet... Police g... » THE Guyana Police Force (GPF), yesterday, received...
High tide warning in effect - more sandbags aligne... » THE Ministry of Public Works has issued a warning ...
OPR to probe Shaka Chase torture allegations - Roh... » MINISTER of Home Affairs, Clement Rohee yesterday ...
Granger’s associate fingered in U.S. corruption ... » A FORMER member of the Guyana Defence Force (GDF) ...
AFC Councilor rebuffs party shenanigans …says Ra... » “THE budget cuts are unconscionable and unconsti...
Over 1, 500 laptops given out in Region 4 - as OL... » WITH a total of 28,000 laptops already in the hand...
BOSAI rents 3 diesel gensets to bolster Linden ele... » THE BOSAI Minerals Group (Guyana) Inc yesterday ac...
|Granger’s ‘show who’s boss’ statement alarms PPP/C|
|Sunday, 29 April 2012 01:16|
- causes Party to urge nation to be on their guard
THE PPP/C is calling on the nation to guard against the ruthlessness and scheming of the combined opposition, particularly, A Party For National Unity (APNU) after its leader David Granger’s insensitive declaration on television last evening that their actions of a few days ago was just so as to get even with the government and show them who’s boss.
In a statement issued late last night, the PPP/C said: “Rather than apologizing to the public for the APNU/AFC vindictive political acts, Granger has instead indicated an unwillingness to put the people of Guyana first, and continues to play politics with the future of all Guyanese.”
The following is the full text of that statement:
“The PPP/C is not amused by the threat of the Leader of the Opposition David Granger in his statement on television tonight regarding the unjustified and illogical cuts in the 2012 National Budget, which will cause enormous social and economic hardships for the people of Guyana.
Rather than apologizing to the public for the APNU/AFC vindictive political acts, Granger has instead indicated an unwillingness to put the people of Guyana first, and continues to play politics with the future of all Guyanese.
No explanations were offered other than to teach the PPP/C a lesson as to who is in charge of the National Assembly. Is this how the opposition intends to approach governance in this country? Are the people of Guyana now pawns for the opposition, as it continues its politics of bullyism and one-seat dictatorship escapades?
The PPP/C reiterates the position of the President of Guyana last (Friday) evening in his address to the nation:
"Using the dictatorship of one which they have in Parliament, they want to stymie further progress, obviously in the hope that if they can stop the development of our country, they would advance their political mission, which is to take power, even if at the expense of ordinary Guyanese’s wellbeing. This is most reckless and irresponsible, and reflects the undemocratic nature of APNU, a creature of the PNCR, and the AFC, which is led by bitter men obsessed with achieving personal power.”
The many projects, such as a hydro-electricity station, the ICT development, and land titling and economic projects for Amerindian communities are all under threat, as well as hundreds of jobs of ordinary Guyanese. It is now a dark period in our nation, when even national unity and harmony are also under attack with the elimination of the budget of the Ethnic Relations Commission. Who will benefit from these cuts? Only the egos of the APNU/AFC leadership and the narco-drug traders, given that even the budget of the Customs Anti-narcotics Unit was also chopped.
The PPP/C will comprehensively educate the people of Guyana of these anti-development acts of the combined opposition. And in going forward, we will ensure that the people of Guyana are not held to ransom by the tyrannical action of the joint opposition in the National Assembly. We will ensure that progress continues in our dear, beloved land.
We urge the people of Guyana to be vigilant, and defend their hard-fought gains against the APNU/AFC, who seem bent on taking Guyana back to a state of poverty, joblessness, misery, division, insecurity and backwardness.”
|Last Updated on Monday, 30 April 2012 10:56|
More Top Stories
- City Council on standby to assist in case of spring tide overtopping – Alleyne
- AFC’s $50M lawsuit against PPP Executive Secretary thrown out
- President apologises to APNU leader for oversight - Teixeira
- APNU reasons for pull-out of Money Laundering obligations a smokescreen …had been looking for an excuse all along - Rohee
- As an additional boost to mobile fleet... Police get more vehicles worth $61M - compliments Ministry of Home Affairs
- High tide warning in effect - more sandbags aligned
- OPR to probe Shaka Chase torture allegations - Rohee
- Granger’s associate fingered in U.S. corruption probe
- AFC Councilor rebuffs party shenanigans …says Ramjattan bluffing on readiness for snap elections
- Over 1, 500 laptops given out in Region 4 - as OLPF Secretariat rolls out massive distribution drive
- BOSAI rents 3 diesel gensets to bolster Linden electricity supply
- ACCUSED COP KILLER REMANDED - prosecution has total of 17 witnesses, defence has lots of alibi evidence
- Rise up against opposition stand on money laundering law …PPP wants social forces to bring to bear pressure over hardline stand
- Two-mile-wide tornado kills at least 51 -- including 7 elementary school students
- Ruling PPP/C leads APNU & AFC in popular support -according to latest NACTA poll
- Lost Hope... The mystery of two sugar workers who disappeared eight years ago
- Forensic laboratory scheduled for June completion -equipment to begin arriving next week
- Tree pins Wakapao pensioner to death
- 24-year old missing after vessel capsizes
- GPL will need $5B subvention in face of pay hike-Dr Singh