Monday, 17 June 2013
President Ramotar urges emulation of Enmore Martyr... » PRESIDENT Donald Ramotar yesterday called upon tho...
Woman perishes in Plaisance fire, two homes flatte... » THIRTY-SEVEN year old Susan Mclean of 73 Victoria ...
First Lady treats New Amsterdam prisoners to sumpt... » NINETY FOUR male inmates at the New Amsterdam Pris...
Guyana’s economy growing exceptionally well- Glo... » ACTING Minister of Tourism, Irfaan Ali has noted t...
COP shot during firearm issuance at Eve Leary - In... » A police rank is nursing serious injuries at the G...
Dr. Vindhya Vasini Persaud unanimously elected new... » Dr. VINDHYA Vasini Persaud was unanimously elected...
Relatives rule out robbery as… : Bandits target ... » AT just about 19:00 hrs last evening, three gunmen...
First Lady encourages absentee fathers to mend the... » THE following is a message sent all fathers, parti...
Gunmen attempt to take Albouystown man out, but fa... » TWENTY-two-year-old Christopher Gonsalves, also kn...
|Remanded on half gramme cocaine possession charge|
|Friday, 27 April 2012 20:49|
A MAN was remanded to prison yesterday, on a charge of being in possession of half a gramme of cocaine, because he could not provide the court with a fixed place of abode.
Gordon Allen appeared before Acting Chief Magistrate Priya Sewnarine-Beharry and pleaded not guilty to the offence, particulars of which said he had the narcotic on April 20.
Police Sergeant Lionel Harvey, prosecuting, said ranks on patrol saw the defendant acting in a suspicious manner and stopped him.
The prosecutor said a search of Allen’s person yielded the illegal substance.
The defendant was refused bail after he said he lives on the streets and the case was postponed to May 2.
- Man fined for abusing policeman, disorderly behaviour
- Larceny defendant with other charges pending refused bail
- Grievous bodily harm defendant granted self-bail
- Damage to property offender asks for 21 days but gets six months
- Man remanded over West Coast phone cards robbery with violence
- Chief Justice grants bail totalling $1.9M to 12 petitioners
- Phone snatcher fined $50,000
- Man charged with inciting Benschop to commit murder granted bail
- Around the Courts… Frequent flyer jailed, fined for cocaine
- Accused Corentyne wife strangler makes court appearance
- Police Sergeant Vishnu Hunt, ...
- Grievous bodily harm defendant remanded
- Man jailed & fined for trafficking marijuana
- Phagwah Day 2012 murder accused committed
- THE trial of murder accused Noel Adonis...
- Two murder cases called on first day of June Criminal Session
- Man gets four years for robbery and fleeing lawful custody
- Break and enter accused held with booty by police
- Lyng Street man accused of gold chain robbery in neighbourhood - VC says compelled to accept compensation
- Man remanded over 9mm ammo and cocaine in a box