THE Forensic Laboratory currently under construction is scheduled to be completed by June 17 this year. This was disclosed by Home Affairs Minister Clement Rohee at a press conference last Friday at the Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA).
The minister added that the equipment for the Forensic Laboratory will arrive in the country next week and 38 applicants will be interviewed for 21 positions which will be done by a panel.
MEASURES are being taken to boost the teaching staff at the Georgetown School of Nursing after four full-time tutors retired in the last five months among a complement of 12 full-time tutorsÂ at the beginning of 2012.
In addition, plans are on stream toÂ increase the number of fulltime tutors by employing an additional 10 within the next six months.
THE ACRONYM TEAM which to some persons means Together Everyone Achieves More was certainly highlighted by the Trinidad and Tobago based cycling team Heatwave, who sheltered their 19 year old teammate Jamol Eastman, enabling him to cart off the overall title in the 31st annual National Sports Commission (NSC) Independence three- stage cycle road race yesterday.
Carlton Wheelers Cycle Clubâs (CWCC)
KINDLY publish this letter in your newspaper which is truly the voice of national interest and development in this country. I am convinced that based on my past experience, that Kaieteur News and the Stabroek News will not publish any of my letters that are deemed to be pro-government in nature.
Remember the Past
In my previous letters, I had comprehensively dealt with the fact that the âbudget cutsâ are unconscionable and unconstitutionalâ and the fact that the modus operandi of the âunholy allianceâ is to make our country ungovernable
Good news for our rice industry19.05.13 Letters >> EditorialRead more...
The announcement by Agriculture Minister Dr Leslie Ramsammy,
- Opposition antics are about gaining power by all means
- The leopard does not change its spots
- âDis time na lang timeâ
- Persaud takes third leg as Eastman carts off Three-Stage title
- Good news for our rice industry
- Nursing School moving to boost teaching staff
- Illegally imported motorbikes seized at Wisroc roadblock - minibus driver and passenger arrested
- Roraima Airways honours former Chief Pilot Miles Williams
- Garbage, traffic congestion, drainage key elements in Georgetownâs restoration
- Supreme Court holds two-day workshop on domestic violence for magistrates and front-line staffers
- Bridge Watch
- exchange rates
- Woman charged with drug trafficking at Ogle Airport
- Revolver described as âshort gunâ was allegedly used to âmurder Vishnuâ
- Sheriff Bar incidentâŚ
- Luncheon dismisses claims NIS is a sinking ship as âtotal nonsenseâ - says interventions are in train to ensure continued viability of Scheme
- CJIA Thursday bustâŚ
- At Berbice AssizesâŚ
DEMERARA HARBOUR BRIDGE CLOSURE TO ROAD TRAFFIC
2013-05-17 9:00 hrs
2013-05-18 10:30 hrs
2013-05-19 11:30 hrs
Double Lane Traffic 7:00hrs to 7:20hrs -Monday to Friday For Retraction Schedule
BERBICE RIVER BRIDGE CLOSURE TO ROAD TRAFFIC
2013-05-17 8:25 hrs to 9:55 hrs
2013-05-18 9:30 hrs to 11:00 hrs
2013-05-19 10:45 hrs to 12:15 hrs
The opening lasts for 1Â˝ hrs
Exchange rates as at
Selling G$ / US$ $205.49 $207.93
G$ / CAD$
G$/EUR$ $264.23 $267.59 G$ / GBP $ $313.04 $316.97 G$ / XCD $ $73.50 G$ / BBD$ $93.66
G$ / BZD$ $99.23 G$ / JMD$ $2.14
G$ / TT$ $29.90